Job Specification: Senior Surface Mount Technology Engineer
Reporting To: NPI Engineering Manager
Management, control and co-ordination of NPI projects from quote phase through to product realisation, ensuring an effective transfer of the project, in every aspect, into production, whilst ensuring project deadlines and requirements, including regulatory, are achieved. Management of NPI Projects as an individual covering all engineering, material and commercial aspects of a project or as Project Manager of a team of professionals working to a project plan with often challenging time scales. Involvement in the development of the NPI process, including the deliverables necessary at each stage gate to ensure internal and external customer requirements are exceeded.
Engineering responsibilities may include engineering solutions for test development, product design, customisation of existing product design and technical support on build to print product including, but not exclusive, the following:
- Project management and ownership of multiple parallel projects
- Conversion of customer drawings and data into manufacturing data and transfer to Sage ERP
- Programming of PCB assembly equipment including pick and place machinery
- Creation of operator build and process documentation
- Hands on support in model and pre-production build as necessitated by the business.
- Maintenance of appropriate and accurate records.
- Involvement in contract review with respect to all NPI engineering and commercial issues.
- Completion and development of documentation as per the requirements of ISO9001
- Any other reasonable duties as requested.
- 3rd level education in electrical or electronic engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Surface Mount PCBA manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity
- IT literate with experience in MS office suite of programs
- Ability to communicate project status and escalation of issues / problems
- Demonstrable Project Management Experience including leading project teams
- Prior experience in programming pick and place equipment including SMT package creation / optimisation
- Experience in the programming and use of Europlacer pick and place equipment
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to those who have demonstrable experience in cable manufacturing, Electro-mechanical Assembly and System Integration.
Hours of Work
Your contracted hours of work are 39 hours per week; however, you will be expected to work the hours deemed necessary to fulfil the job requirements. Hours as follows;
Mon – Thursday – 8am to 5pm
Fri – 8am to 1pm
*** Please submit CV for the attention of Ciara McDermott – firstname.lastname@example.org ***