Job Specification: Senior NPI Engineer
Reporting To: NPI Engineering Manager
Management, control and co-ordination of NPI projects from quote phase through to product realisation, ensuring an effective transfer of the project, in every aspect, into production, whilst ensuring project deadlines and requirements, including regulatory, are achieved. Management of NPI Projects as an individual covering all engineering, material and commercial aspects of a project or as Project Manager of a team of professionals working to a project plan with often challenging time scales. Involvement in the development of the NPI process, including the deliverables necessary at each stage gate to ensure internal and external customer requirements are exceeded.
Engineering responsibilities to include the following;
- Project management and ownership of multiple parallel projects
- Conversion of customer drawings and data into manufacturing data and transfer to Sage ERP
- Creating bills of materials (BOM’s) and product structures for manufacturing
- Creation of operator build and process documentation
- Assigning process times, and ability to select optimum manufacturing process in order to maximise efficiencies
- Customisation of existing product design and technical support on build to print product
- Hands on support in model and pre-production build as necessitated by the business
- Maintenance of appropriate and accurate records.
- Involvement in contract review with respect to all NPI engineering and commercial issues.
- Coordination and implementation of engineering changes (ECN’s) on current production
- Completion and development of documentation as per the requirements of ISO9001
- The successful candidate must have either a Degree or HND in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an engineering manufacturing environment
- Experience in working with Mechanical/Electrical assemblies and an understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Project Management Experience
- Preference will be given who have previous printed circuit board assembly (PCBA) manufacturing engineering experience
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to those who have demonstrable experience in cable manufacturing, Electro-mechanical Assembly and System Integration.
- Previous experience in programming equipment and machinery involved in the manufacture of surface mount printed circuit assemblies
- Experience in and knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD Packages
- Experience using SAGE.
Hours of Work
Your contracted hours of work are 39 hours per week; however, you will be expected to work the hours deemed necessary to fulfil the job requirements. Hours as follows;
Mon – Thursday – 8am to 5pm
Fri – 8am to 1pm
*** Please submit CV for the attention of Ciara McDermott – firstname.lastname@example.org ***