Our electronic manufacturing facility was opened by Plessy back in 1953 and to this day, the local residents of Ballynahinch and the surrounding areas still refer to the site as “the Plessy”. Historically, the site provided electronic manufacturing services such as cable assembly and PCB assembly to the telecoms industry and had only 3 or 4 regular customers. The company experienced a period where its ownership was affected by various mergers, acquisitions and buy-outs. Eventually in 2002, a year after the infamous Telecoms stock market crash there was an opportunity for a management buy-out which resulted in Nitronica being born.
Nitronica have traded successfully since 2002 as an independent locally owned and managed company.